Uncle Toni Admits to Rafa’s OCD
Rafael Nadal’s coach, Uncle Toni, as he is affectionately called gave an interview in the press recently where he admitted that his nephew suffers from OCD or Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Uncle Toni submitted some of the following examples as proof of Rafa’s OCD:
· He always takes a cold shower before he plays a match.
· He lines up two water bottles in front of his chair with the brand name facing exactly out.
· He wears his socks so that the logos on the socks are facing in an exact position.
· He takes his time before coming out for the coin toss, fiddling with this and that, while his opponent waits at the net.
· Before warming up he goes out on the court and sweeps it with his feet along the baseline and the service line (even if it is a hard court and has been already wiped clean by maintenance crew).
· Before each serve he yanks out his pants in the back.
Uncle Toni continued, “It’s gotten worse as he’s gotten older. I’m his coach so I get all the complaints. You have no idea. His girlfriend, especially, is driving me crazy. She sent me an email a few days ago telling me what he does. It’s nuts. Here. You read this and tell me if you would want to sleep with him.”
· She can only wear pistachio-flavored lip gloss.
· She can only stick her tongue in his left ear – not his right, since he serves left-handed.
· She got a small ankle tattoo once. He made her get another exact tattoo on her other ankle.
· He and she have to wear matching thongs to bed.
· Every time they start a new position, they each have to tug on their thong.
· He made her undergo breast reduction surgery to make both her breasts exactly the same size, shape, and consistency.
· She can never speak German, English, or French in bed because Federer speaks those languages.
Uncle Toni finished the interview by saying, “Gracias a Dios, he has made a lot of money; otherwise, who knows if he would ever get laid again.”